Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 12 August 2012

WEIRD WELCOME, PLOY THE REAL MCCOY? TANYA'S TIFF LEAKS

Barry
Police have rounded up a man who they say has been harassing young stars at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Airport police head Natthanan Nanasombat said his officers on Friday arrested a man identified as Chainarong Sawipak, who was waiting in the fourth floor departures area for superstar Mario Maurer along with regular members of the actor's fan club.

'Beware!'
Mario's fan club had gathered to farewell the young star for a trip overseas.

Police recognised their suspect from a description given by fan cub members of superstar actor Nadech "Barry'' Kugimiya, after Mr Chainarong allegedly tried to grope him at the airport the week before.

On Thursday, Barry's fan club members complained to Crime Suppression Police after a man fitting Mr Chainarong's description harassed Nadech at the airport as he was returning to Bangkok from a trip to Ubon Ratchathani with his mother.

Col Nathanan said his officers heard that Mario was due at the airport on Friday night.

He sent his staff to mingle with Mario's fan club, and when they found their suspect, invited him to the station for questioning.

They charged Mr Chainarong with causing a nuisance to others, and released him later the same night. He has been told not to repeat his behaviour again.

Earlier, Barry's fans said they were worried about the star's security after he was harassed by a man at the airport. The man, aged in his 40s and wearing a white hat, black trousers and white top, was captured on a fan video of Barry arriving at the airport.

Media reports which surfaced as the clip went public referred to him as "the man in white''.

Screaming as he attempted to grab his arm, the man is seen making a beeline for Barry as he left customs.

The clamour alarmed other members of Barry's fan club. They quickly gathered around Barry, and shepherded him out to the carpark.

Barry and the accused
Barry, clearly startled, exchanged a few words with the man. Barry's mother, who clung to her son's arm as they were ushered out of the airport by fans, was just as taken aback. "Keep away from my son!'' she told the man.

The clip was posted widely on the internet, and found its way into daily newspapers.

At Barry's fan site, the star's mother Kaew apologised for leaving the airport in such haste. 

"I looked out for a man in uniform to help us, only to realise we were alone. In the end, it was only members of Barry's fan club who came to our aid,'' she said.

An exchange on the popular Pantip web board drew responses from fans of other young stars who said they recognised the man.

"He tends to target young men, and his victims include Academy Fantasia singer Sethapong Tao Piangpor, and the duo from the band Singular,'' one fan wrote. "He has also turned up to welcome Korean and Japanese performers.''

Sony Music artistic talent manager Surat Pongpunsuk confirmed the man had attempted to grab an artist from Singular, which is part of Sony's stable.

"I have boosted security for their public appearances. Guards at the airport tell me he is a regular there,'' he said.

Tao, a finalist from Academy Fantasia's eighth season, said he encountered the man at the airport in May.

"He asked for my hand, which I extended to him, as I thought he was an ordinary member of my fan club,'' he said. "However, when he held my hand to his mouth and kissed it, I pulled it back.

"He also followed me out to my taxi, and tongued the windscreen,'' he said. "I was shocked, and told the driver to get out of there in a hurry.''

Another fan said the man was a known pickpocket, and liked to sleep at the airport.

One fan cautioned Barry's fan club against exercising too much vigilance. "He is good at forcing his way through the crowd, even when we form a protective barrier around Barry,'' the fan said.

In the video, the man can be heard saying, "I won't accept this,'' as fan club members formed a human shield around their star.

"I know we are keen to protect Barry, but I worry that, in the absence of airport security, our own attempts to keep this man at a distance may backfire. He may get angry, and take it out on us,'' she said. -

2.

Art
A kathoey calling herself Ploy has laid a complaint with police after she says someone impersonated her on Instagram to implicate her in a blackmail plot.

Ploy, who won't give her surname, sought police help late last week after news of her relationship with actor Pasut "Art'' Banyam took an unexpected turn.

Days earlier, Art admitted meeting Ploy for a secret assignation outside her city condo early one morning, reversing earlier remarks in which he denied they had ever met.

Ploy
Art, who goes out with actress Patcharin "Namfon'' Jukrairuanpol, said he met Ploy outside her place, but only to satisfy a wager with a group of male friends. He did not let his body touch hers, and was there only 15 minutes.

"I bet a bottle of whiskey on the fact that the woman I met online [Ploy] was a kathoey, and not a real woman,' he said, while adding he has nothing against women of the third gender.

Art said he went to see Ploy merely to satisfy his curiosity.

The kathoey, however, said Art asked to meet her just four days after they started exchanging messages on Instagram. She said he asked for oral sex when they met in his car.

"I refused, as I have my own morals as a person. In fact, I asked him whether four days wasn't a little too soon to be meeting in the flesh,'' she said.

Art, who has apologised to Namfon for meeting the kathoey at night, maintains he did not ask for sex.

"I told her I have a girlfriend, and while I might respect kathoey, do not want to take them to bed,'' he said.

Ploy published on Instagram snippets of their online conversations, to show that her relationship with Art went deeper than the Channel 3 actor was letting on. 

"He was upset by my rejection, so wrote to me the next day insisting he was not interested in kathoey,'' she said.

A day later Ploy found herself on the defensive, when details of a supposed blackmail plot in which Art was the intended victim came to light.

On Instagram, a text message exchange between Nongploy1910 - allegedly Ploy the kathoey - and a friend called unknoweiei emerged, in which Ploy offers her friend 20,000 baht to help entrap Art.

"I will trick Art into having sex with me. He doesn't know I am a kathoey,'' the message said.

"Later, please help me alert journalists. Tell them he intends meeting me at my place at 4am.

"We can secretly take pictures and blackmail him,'' the message said.

Ploy, however, denies the exchange took place. Someone had impersonated her on Instagram under her own account name.

"If I am wrong, I hope to die a horrible death - but if the other party is lying, I hope suffers the same fate,'' she said as she laid her police complaint. -

3.

Pinky's Mum, Tanya
TV and presenter Tanyaret "Tanya'' Engtrakul insists she was taken by surprise when a clip she recorded of a phone conversation between herself and the mother of her husband's former lover surfaced.

Tanya admits secretly recording the clip of an angry exchange between herself and Sarinya Chaiyadej, mother of actress Pinky, who was caught going out with Tanya's husband, businessman Peck Sunchai, in 2010.

Tanya said she called Pinky's mother after intercepting a text message on her husband's phone, which she believes came from Pinky, that said just "I miss you.''

She said the text message came as a shock, reviving bitter memories of Peck's affair with Pinky, and threatening to upset the progress which she and Peck had made in rebuilding their shattered marriage.

After Peck's affair went public, Tanya threatened to take her husband and a "third hand'' (Pinky) to court. The couple separated, with Tanya taking their young daughter to live with family in the US. 

Faced with criticism for her part in the scandal, Pinky temporarily withdrew from the Thai entertainment industry, and went to Finland to learn dancing.

Tanya admits she recorded the clip, but only for her husband to hear. "The other side's mother always asked me to call if [Pinky] attempted to make contact with Peck again, and she did,'' Tanya told journalists last week.

"I called the mother, but she reacted angrily, so I started recording it. She told me to keep my husband away from [Pinky], and insisted it can't have been her daughter who sent the message, because she changed her number a long time ago.''

"I recorded it originally just for my husband. But in a moment of anger, I sent it to a large group of her friends. I don't know which one made it public.''

Mrs Sarinya admits speaking angrily to Tanya, but says her first instinct was to protect her daughter.

"Tanya has only one trick up her sleeve. I lost it, and am sorry for speaking brusquely. But I wonder if she is not merely resentful that Pinky is starting to enjoy success in the industry again.''

No comments:

Post a Comment