Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 30 June 2013

ONE MAD MAMA, JAILHOUSE BLUES, PEE A PICTURE OF REGRET

Tack, his Dad, and below left, his Mum
DJ and actor Paranyu ''Tack'' Rojanavudtitham is toughing out a family row in which his mother accused him of being an ungrateful son.

Tack's mother, Chanika Apichai, posted an angry message on her son's Instagram account last week claiming he borrowed money from her but seldom visited his mother.

Earlier, Tack, 28, published a picture of his father sitting in a classic car. ''That car you are both driving was bought with my money,'' Mrs Chanika wrote.

''And yet I barely see you. On Mother's Day, you give me an ordinary wai, not a proper greeting with candles and incense.

''Since you started work, you haven't sent me a single baht in support, and your father has brainwashed you into hating me,'' she said.

Tack replied that his mother should take up such matters with Somchai, his father.

Mrs Chanika wrote back saying he should return the money that he and his father had taken from her.

''You and your father are great at creating an image for yourselves and maligning other people,'' she said.

In response to the Instagram claims, Tack's father travelled to Bangkok from his home in Chiang Mai to discuss his former wife's claims.

Appearing on television, Mr Somchai said he wanted to stand up for his son, who had done nothing wrong.

''Tack called me in tears. He can barely sleep, he is so upset by her claim that he is an ungrateful son,'' he said. ''Tack's mother left me when Tack was eight years old. She did not help with his upkeep.''

Mr Somchai said he hasn't met his former wife since she walked out, and has no idea what she is doing with her life.

''We were running a small business together but it went bust and she left to live with someone else,'' he said.

''I have never asked her for money. I have paid off my debts from that period, and now run a small hotel.

''Tack has known my new wife since he was a child. He comes to see me whenever he is in Chiang Mai, and stays the night.

''We don't ask him to give a wai with incense on Mother's Day, as he's grown up, and can make up his own mind what to do.''

Mr Somchai also downplayed the fuss over the car.

Bought with Mum's money
''Tack bought that old-model car with his own earnings. It cost about 200,000-300,000 baht. He asked me if I wanted to take it for a drive. 

"I tried it, and he posted the picture of me behind the wheel, giving the thumbs up.''

Speaking later in the week, Tack, an only child, admitted his mother's claims stung.

Tack admitted he seldom sent money to his mother, and can't recall the last time he went to see her.

''I imagine she is upset that I am closer to my father than I am to her. But I would like my mother to try to understand me and what I have been through too,'' he said.

He denied his father had duped him into hating his mother.

''I am old enough to think for myself. If dad came along and said these things about my mother, don't you think I'd object?''

Tack said he hoped he could one day persuade his parents to reunite.

He has not contacted his mother since she made her claims, as he did not want to get involved in a dispute between elders.

''If mum has anything on her mind, I hope she can say it directly. There's no need to go through the media. Families are a sensitive matter for Thais,'' he said

''Some family matters can stay between us. But I am not angry with mum, as I am her son and always love her.'' -

2.

Ood, Woody
Former millionaire businessman Sitthikorn ''Sia Ood'' Boonchim is shattered after the young man he loves most in the world, superstar Rattapoom ''Film'' Tokongsub, failed to visit him in jail.

Film, Ood
Freed on June 20 after serving a five-year jail term for fraud, Sia Ood has now spoken about his ordeal behind bars.

The amulet trader was jailed in 2008 for cheating the public and using the royal insignia without permission.

However, Sia Ood was just as well known to the public as a benefactor to young male entertainers, including Film.

Speaking for the first time since his release, Sia Ood said last week he has given away his fortune, as he wants to lead a simple life.

He will stay in the amulet trading business, as he knows nothing else. However, he has stopped believing that helping others will always result in good fortune, as it didn't work for him.

''I never counted up how much merit I made, but if you brought it all together, my good deeds must be worth a billion baht,'' he said.

''But if good fortune really existed, I would not have ended up behind bars,'' Sia Ood told TV presenter Wootithorn ''Woody'' Milintachinda.

Sia Ood says an admirer sent him two million baht, which he now relies on for an income.

He said many young stars from the RS Promotion entertainment company had visited him in jail.

However, the former admirer he most wanted to see - unnamed in the interview, but thought to be Film - did not show.

''I asked one of my followers to call him. I asked him to show just how good a person he could be, by turning up on the day I was freed,'' Sia Ood said.

''However, he refused to come. No doubt he thought I was too flawed for him.''

Sia Ood said he loved this young star most of all, as he harboured no ulterior motives.

''He never wanted anything from me. He returned the cars I bought him, the house.

''He even tried to bring back some amulets I gave him, but I insisted he keep them for good luck,'' he said.

''Once he advised me to stay away from the industry, as many people there wished me only ill-will.''

In 2006, Sia Ood lashed into Film, after the young star tried to pass him off as a mere acquaintance.

Sia Ood went before the media with mortgage documents, photographs and other evidence which showed their relationship went much deeper than Film had let on.

He took Film overseas, and lent his struggling family money, contrary to Film's claims that he barely knew him. A tearful Film was forced to go before the media and admit that he had lied.

Since then Film has had to live down a paternity scandal after a minor actress, Annie Brook, claimed she had given birth to their child.

Film, who admits they had an affair, refused to admit paternity unless Annie agreed to a DNA test. The pair took each other to court, and reached a settlement last year.  -

3.
Actor Poramet ''Pee'' Singpor, above, says he regrets his role in a row in which he is accused of killing a popular pub owner.

Police last week took Pee before prosecutors as they delivered their case file recommending that Pee be indicted for murdering Noppadon ''A'' Athibai, 44, his friend and shareholder in the Muse pub in Thong Lor last January.

A was killed in the car park of the Foodland supermarket in the 8 Building on Thong Lor Soi 8, off Sukhumvit Soi 55, on Jan 17.

CCTV footage shows a man identified as Pee clearly aiming a gun at his friend's head, as shoppers flee for safety.

Speaking at the prosecutor's office last week, Pee said he entered the monkhood for nine days in Phetchaburi to put his mind at rest and make merit following the drama. Leaving the monkhood, he was involved in a car accident.

''I cannot comment on the details of the case, but I feel sorry for what happened,'' he said.

Pee was released on 500,000 baht bail when police laid charges against him in January.

Investigators say Pee, his girlfriend and A were eating in Foodland on the day of the killing. Pee and his girlfriend started to argue, and A tried to break it up.

The trio left the table and went out to the car park, where the argument resumed. A again tried to break it up, and Pee told him not to interfere. Officers say he took out the gun and shot him.

More than 500 people turned up to pay their respects at A's funeral. Prosecutors say they will deliver their decision on whether to send his case to court on July 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment