Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 26 February 2012

NATHAN RETURNS ... AND SO DOES SEK

Nathan
Convicted fraudster Nathan Oman is on the comeback trail, performing a Lady Gaga hit for his former manager at his birthday party last week, and unveiling details of a tell-all autobiography of his chequered career.

Nathan and former manager Anucha "Cee'' Langprasert fell out almost three years ago as Nathan, his fame as a teen singing star long since faded, embarked on a career as a thief, liar and cheat instead.

Nathan, Cee
]Nathan was released from Loei prison late last year after serving eight months for swindling more than 700,000 baht from Sitthiphon Khot-udomphon, a dessert seller in Loei's Chiang Khan district, who is still battling to pay off debts incurred on his behalf.

Since they parted ways, Cee has published a book about his days with Nathan, and is now working on a film about the fraudster's life - though with someone else, not Nathan, cast as the lead.

He was critical of his former protege, and did not stay in contact while Nathan was in jail.

The two have now reconciled, with Nathan turning up to Cee's birthday party in Bangkok last week to lip-synch the Lady Gaga song, Telephone.

"Lady Gaga is a hero of mine, and I watched the music video in prison,'' Nathan told reporters after his show.

He wore a sequinned, Michael-Jackson style outfit, complete with cut-off jacket, sparkly cummaband, clingy trousers, sunglasses and gloves.

The dance moves looked shaky, and his ability to lip-synch to English almost non-existent, but Nathan said he had just a month to rehearse.

He decided against a wig, he told reporters, because he didn't want to look too girly.

Nathan has drawn on Lady Gaga's Telephone for inspiration before.

He launched a line of T-shirts last year telling their wearers that they should go to hell.

The T-shirts were inspired by the song's lyrics, "A very, very, bad, bad girl, Gaga!'' - which Nathan said helped persuade him to come clean.

"VERY BAD, GO TO HELL'', the message on the T-shirts read. They did not do well.

Nathan spun exotic stories about himself to persuade victims to part with their money. These included claims that he was half-Nepalese, multilingual, and was acting in a Hollywood blockbuster set in the Middle East about his rocky childhood and path to stardom. He now admits these tales were untrue.

"I just think the song suits me,'' he panted.

As Nathan spoke, Cee helpfully mopped his forehead with a tissue. The two embraced, and hugged.
Cee mops Nathan's brow

The pair in an embrace
"I was excited and nervous at first, as I didn't know what to expect,'' Cee said.

"Many friends asked me whether I really wanted to make up with Nathan, but elders in the industry suggested I give him a break. But the truth is we are so close we can't really be separated.

"I used to mentor Nathan, and caution him if I thought he was out of line. But a couple of years ago, he started going too far, and I could no longer help him. Ultimately we had to part ways,'' he said.

Cee said that while has now forgiven Nathan, he can't forget the harm he did, and does not want to serve as his manager again.

Nathan, who is trying to reinvent himself in the industry, is writing two books, and plans to record an album of Isan-style music.

He is also donating his services as a lecturer, touring the nation's jails to talk about his experiences.

"The first book advises readers on how to spot a liar, based on the devices I once employed. I have also collected information from inmates nationwide on how they deceived people,'' Nathan said.

"The second book is about my life, from birth to the present _ though I promise, no more deception,'' he said.

He was happy to act as an adviser on the movie Cee is making about Nathan's life as a conman.

"I can help him choose actors who can portray me most convincingly as a rogue,'' he joked. -

2.

Kan, Sek
Rocker Sek Loso says he is cutting down on the women in his life now that he has cleaned up his act on the drugs front. Sek was released this month as an outpatient from the Thanyarak Institute in Pathum Thani, where the rocker sought treatment late last year.

He confessed last week that his fondness for women had landed him in almost as much trouble as his addiction to hard drugs.

Sek's estranged wife, Wiphakorn "Kan'' Sukpimai, started the Sek drugs saga rolling when she published pictures of Sek smoking methamphetamines on a trip to Europe. Now it emerges that she published the pictures on Facebook out of anger over Sek's relationship with another woman.

Appearing on television last week to discuss his transformation from deluded drug addict to caring family man, Sek said his flirtations with women stepped up after he and Kan separated in August last year.

"A woman entered my life, and I wrote to her on Facebook,'' he told the show. "Kan saw the message, and published the drug pictures out of anger.''

Facebook is also the platform where Sek admits he left many drug-induced rants before he entered treatment.

"I went into rehab because I knew that, contrary to what I had claimed earlier, I could no longer control my drug habit,'' he said.

"I was angry with everyone, angry with the whole world - though I still had one love, my music,'' he said.

In one drug-crazed rant, Sek accused his former music label, Grammy Entertainment, of tapping his phones and sending spies to follow him.

"None of it happened, and I have to beg for Grammy's apology. I was just paranoid,'' Sek said.

Nor had he attempted to flee from rehab, as some reports suggested: "I signed myself out of treatment briefly, as I wanted to visit one of my children who was sick in hospital.

"As for the many women I was seeing, they have all dropped me now, and I have returned to my family,'' he said.

Kan, who also appeared on the television show, admitted she published Sek's drug pictures out of jealousy, but said she had no regrets. "The episode encouraged him to seek treatment,'' she said. "But I would like to confirm that no matter how much time has passed, I still love Sek as much as ever,'' she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment