Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 19 February 2012

ANNIE STICKS TO HER GUNS, PINGPONG COMES CLEAN, PIMP UP YOUR BOYFRIEND

Poj
Outspoken director Poj Anon says his legal battle with an actress stemming from the Film Rattapoom paternity row is likely to carry on, even if the main parties to the dispute have now settled.

RS superstar Rattapoom "Film'' Tokongsub and actress Rungnapa "Annie'' Brooks announced earlier this month they had settled their long-running defamation dispute over the identity of a child Annie is rearing.

In September, 2010, little-known actress Annie claimed she gave birth to Film's unwanted son, Tekayu, then aged three months.

Both sides called off their legal battle this month after two hours of conciliation talks at the Thanyaburi Court.

Film refused to acknowledge he was the father until she submitted the child's DNA for a paternity test. Annie refused, and both sides took each other to court.

Under the settlement, both sides have agreed not to discuss the matter further. Still unclear, however, is the true identity of the child's biological father, if indeed it wasn't Film.

Poj, who weighed into the dispute on Film's behalf, says that as far as he knows, Annie's defamation action against him is still going ahead.

The two sides have met three times for talks without success. The court has called another hearing for July 1.

"I'm delighted for Film that he has settled, but as far as my dispute is concerned, I don't see why I should apologise. I've done nothing wrong,'' he said.

"The other side asked for one million baht in damages, which is too much. I was just telling reporters what I had heard in the media. I didn't mean to defame anyone,'' he said.

At the conciliation talks, Annie agreed to withdraw her defamation suit against Film's boss, RS Promotion head Surachai "Hia Hor'' Chetchotisak. Film, meanwhile, agreed to withdraw his defamation suit against Annie.

After Film initially disavowed any biological link to the child, people rounded on him for being an irresponsible father.

Film sued Annie for saying that he lacked virtue for refusing to admit paternity.

In October last year, Hia Hor suggested Annie was seeing four men at the time she supposedly fell pregnant with Tekayu.

Poj made similar remarks, and the Lawyers Council in Thon Buri, acting on Annie's behalf, took him to court.

Poj said he still doesn't know the identity of Tekayu's father. He was likely to call Film as a witness if the dispute goes ahead. -

2.

Pingpong
Police are preparing to press charges of careless driving causing death and injury against actress Sakaewan "Pingpong'' Yongjaiyuth after she was involved in a horrific car accident that left two dead.

Pingpong was the driver of a Toyota Wish that was involved in a collision with a pickup truck in Chon Buri on Dec 16, she confirmed from her hospital bed recently.

Mitrchai Keiowcha-oom, a passenger in Pingpong's car, and Bunchert Bunnakorn, 51, the driver of the pickup truck, died in the accident.

Pingpong sustained broken ribs, a punctured lung, crushed pelvis, damage to internal organs and a broken arm and leg. Doctors have told her she can expect to spend the next three months in hospital recovering.

Initial reports said Pingpong, who had left the set of a soap opera to buy a birthday present for a child actor on set, was a mere passenger in the vehicle.

They identified the driver as Mitrchai, the owner of the house the crew had hired to film the series. Residents witnessed the crash and pulled Pingpong out of the vehicle moments before it burst into flames.

Pingpong now admits those stories were wrong, but she did nothing to correct them at the time.

On Jan 30, Pingpong invited TV cameras to visit her in hospital where she revealed that she was in fact the driver, not a mere passenger, and that her actions had led to the deaths of two people.

"Every day I think, why did he [Mitrchai] have to die instead of me?'' she asked.

"I killed people; that's a sin. But I didn't mean it. It was an accident. Please don't hate me, or be angry. I didn't consider keeping it quiet. I just wasn't well enough at the time to speak. But I couldn't stand the guilt of keeping it a secret. Now that I have spoken, I feel relieved,'' she said in tears.

Pingpong admits it was wrong to let Mitrchai carry responsibility for the accident. However, she denies she was intoxicated, or had gone out to fetch alcohol as has been suggested.

"My elder sister was partly responsible for conveying a misleading impression to the media. She assumed, as everyone did, that Mitrchai had driven the vehicle, as he often drove for us.

"It was only later that the truth emerged. I recovered from the accident to hear that, according to news reports, I was the passenger,'' she said.

"My sister didn't mean to deceive, but was worried I could end up in jail if I admitted the truth,'' she said.

Pingpong said she was willing to cooperate with police, and would no longer attempt to shirk her responsibility.

Husband and wife couple Chatchai and Sinchai Plengpanich, both actors, were among Pingpong's first visitors - and early victims of her deception.

Pingpong admitted that when they first visited, she told them that Mitrchai was the driver. She has since apologised.

Chatchai and Sinchai, who share the nickname Nok, told reporters they were disappointed to find out they were misled.

However, they were also relieved that Pingpong had seen the error of her ways, and come forward to admit the truth.

"I feel disappointed that she didn't tell the truth from the outset,'' Sinchai said.

Chartchai said his wife had cared for Pingpong since she was admitted, but he did not want to warn her about her behaviour. "She's old enough to know what's what,'' he said.

Police from Nong Yai district in Chon Buri say they are now preparing to file charges against the actress. Pol Lt Col Teerapol Kijyakanon, of Nong Yai station, said the police investigation into the crash had pointed to Pingpong being the driver, contrary to early reports that suggested she was just a passenger.

"I called her at the hospital about a week before she admitted on television to being the driver, to tell her about the results of our inquiries.

"She said she was willing to cooperate, but asked for a little more time to recover,'' he said. -

3.
Ting Note
Former actress Bannada "Boom'' Wongphudi has taken her boyfriend to a beauty clinic to improve his looks, after journalists criticised him as ugly.

Boom's boyfriend, motorcycle racer Thitipong "Ting Note'' Warokorn, routinely wears shades in his appearances with Boom before the media, though he denies it is because he wants to hide his face.

"I wear shades so people recognise me, and to shield my eyes from the flash in reporters' cameras,'' he said. "Good eyesight is important if you're racing motorbikes.''

"He doesn't wear shades as a disguise. Another reason he wears them is that he's shy,'' Boom added.

She admitted, however, that she took pity on Ting Note after observers had criticised his acne, and likened his appearance to that of a mere driver.

"I told him to look after himself better, and took him to a clinic to work on his skin,'' she said. "I'm starting to talk to journalists more than I was before, When my looks have improved, I'll take off my shades, no problem,'' Ting Note said.

In an interview in January last year, Boom, who is 13 years older than Ting Note, said she wasn't worried about her boyfriend's looks.

"If he's that ugly, why are women falling over themselves to meet him?'' she asked. "In any case, he has a good heart.''

Ting Note said he is still trying to gain the confidence of Boom's father.

"I've taken up golf to win his approval. But in the past three weeks I overdid it, and ended up in such pain over my body I had to visit hospital. When I came out, I found I couldn't hit the ball. My golf pro told me I'm over-exerting myself, and to take it easy.

"But give me a while longer, and once things settle down I'll approach Boom's father. We're bound to have some good news soon,'' he said about his plans to ask for Boom's hand in marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment