Who is Mae Moo?

Saturday 2 May 2015

On thin Ice, Mac's blunder, suicide foiled, just friends

Singer slams into pedestrian
Ice
Singer Sarunyu "Ice" Winaipanit says he is willing to take responsibility after his vehicle hit a pedestrian crossing the road in Bangkok on Thursday night.

Ice, who turned up at Khok Khram police station the next day to give evidence, said he was returning home from a concert at a hotel in the Charoen Krung area when the accident occurred.

He failed to brake in time to avoid hitting the man, who was crossing the road in Ram Intra Soi 14 in Bang Khen district about 11.30pm.

A taxi travelling behind him also failed to stop in time, and ran into the back of Ice’s Honda CRV.

Ice, who denied he had been drinking, said the man was weaving across the road, and the soi was dark. The street light ahead of him had broken, so visibility was poor.

"He left the footpath and suddenly emerged in front of me. I braked and swung into the next lane to avoid hitting him, but it was too late," he said.

The taxi following him said he saw Ice get out of his vehicle and attend closely to the pedestrian, Wichai Yaiyong, who was lying on the road. Ice also started to cry. Rescue workers took Mr Wichai to hospital and he is now out of danger.

Speaking at the police station, where he wai-ed reporters who gathered to film him give evidence, Ice said he was willing to take responsibility in whatever way he could. Police have yet to press charges as they want to hear from Ice and other witnesses again. -

2. Star 'less than a man'
Mac, Puifai
Singer Weerakaniz "Mac" Karnwattankul says he regrets his parting with his girlfriend of three years, singer Nattapat "Puifai" Wipatkorntrakoon, though insists it was over a minor indiscretion.

Mac has taken a drubbing on the internet since news emerged that he had called off his romance with the fellow Academy Fantasia contestant.

He says reports about their break-up are part truth, part fiction. "I started talking to a woman friend at university, and when Puifai found out, she was upset," he said.

He said he and the girl talked for only a short time, and he quickly called it off when he realised Puifai was hurt.

Mac, who insists he is still close to Puifai and her family, says he made the decision to end the relationship with Puifai himself.

"She cried, but I want to try life alone for a while. I want to focus more on family and my work. We have been distant for about two months now."

Critics rounded on Mac for being less than a man. "When she defended me on social media recently, asking critics not to attack me, it was the saddest moment in my life," he said.

"I have to take some of that criticism on the chin. I have tried to do my best, but I slipped up."

Mac said he and Puifai are still in touch, and make merit together. He denied he was adopting a "beautiful world" view of their parting by trying to portray it as less painful than it actually was.

"I know her well, and we have often said, no matter what happens, we won’t try to hurt each other."

He denied mischievous reports that he carried around two phones, one for Puifai and the other his university love.

"We talked for just a few days. I can hardly call my university friend a third hand who split us up. I have two phones, one personal, one for work, but I wasn’t using my second phone to make surreptitious calls," he said, adding it was too early to tell if he and Puifai would get back together. -

3. Comedian saves life
Kotee
Comedian Kotee Aramboy is being hailed as a hero after persuading a young man at a football game last week to abandon an attempt to take his life by plunging off a 15m pole.

Kotee was attending Channel 3’s 45th anniversary football game at Rajamangala Stadium, Bang Kapi, when he heard a man had climbed a pole close to the entrance to Zone N, where the media had erected tents to film the match.

City workers hoisted Kotee up on a crane, where he spent the next 45 minutes attempting to talk the man down. The man was clutching a shard of glass, and had cut his own throat.

"I knew after the first 20 minutes, he wasn’t going to come down easily," Kotee said later, as he recalled the encounter.

The man he helped, Sarawut, is a farmer from Nakhon Ratchasima, who had arrived in Bangkok only days before looking for work.

Sarawut, 33, who has a wife and two children to support, was staying in a rented room in Ramkhamhaeng. Despairing of his chances of finding a job, he climbed the pole in the darkness and threatened to jump if he could not find the bus fare back to his home province.

Sarawut, who police said was under the influence of two ya ba pills he took earlier, agreed to come down after Kotee offered to drive him back to Nakhon Ratchasima himself. After Sarawut came down from the pole, rescue workers took him to hospital to get his wounds patched up.

Speaking later, Kotee said he was grateful to be on hand. ‘‘I am pleased I was able to make merit by helping someone in need," he said. Netizens have praised his efforts as heroic.

"Suicide is never a way out of problems and people thinking of harming themselves should consider how their family would feel if they lost them." -

4. Actor 'downgrades' wife
Chris, Mind
Former heartthrob actor Chris Benjakul has downgraded the status of his relationship with his wife as "a mere close friend" after the two found they were spending too much time apart.

Chris said last week he and his wife, Kamolchanok "Mind" Kerdsuklarb, had started drifting apart about a year ago and agreed to split up. He has gone back to living with his mother in the Ramkhamhaeng area, though still keeps in touch.

"If you are husband and wife, you’re supposed to be together, right? We were both finishing late, working weekends, and didn’t see much of each other," he said.

"We agreed to be friends, and to help each other when in need. I haven’t found anyone new. I see one person at a time, and that’s all.

"I still look after our daughter [Mind’s child by a previous marriage], who I love as if she was my own. I pick her up at weekends and take her to my mum’s place, take her out on the bike, swimming … my wife doesn’t mind."

Chris was involved in a near-fatal accident in 1999 after he stopped to help a couple who had crashed their motorbike outside Hua Hin. As Chris tended to them by the roadside he was hit by a drunken policeman on a motorbike.

The impact threw him into a pole, crushing his skull.

He needed eight operations on his brain and spent a year in a half in hospital recovering.

He denied claims his wife had found someone new, or that sex was a problem, advising Thais not to apply their own standards to judge his own.

"When I was ill, I was in a really bad way, and Mind helped get me on my feet again," he said. "Apart from that, she isn’t hung up on this sex thing, so that’s not the issue. We talked and reached an agreement.

"Our daughter knows what is going on, as she’s heard people talking. But if there are still some Thais who think my wife was unfaithful, let me ask them not to hold themselves up as the standard. How well do they know my wife?"

No comments:

Post a Comment