Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 18 May 2014

LIFE CUT SHORT, KEEPING MUM, HARD TIMES, IN RECOVERY


Dome
Narayot "Dome" Chanphet, 21, an anti-government protest guard killed in Bangkok on Thursday, dreamed of being a musician, says his father.

Dome, from Surat Thani, was killed in a hail of gunfire at Democracy Monument last Thursday. He was one of three killed that morning in a drive-by shooting and grenade attack at the People’s Democratic Reform Committee protest site in Bangkok.

The shooting occurred at 2.45am, when men in a white pickup truck drove by and shot at a line of PDRC guards at Khok Wua intersection.

A video clip of Dome singing a piece which he composed with his friends has emerged in his memory as family and friends grieve over their loss.

One Facebook user, Cathy Mee, posted the clip in tribute to the young student. “Our hero wanted to be a musician, but his dream was cut short,” she wrote.

“I would like to convey my sympathies to his family. I hope his spirit finds happiness.”

Dome, who is wearing a white T-shirt, plays guitar. In stark contrast to the happy young man pictured in the clip, bloody images of Dome at the protest scene have also emerged. They show a bare-chested young man looking thin and gaunt.

In one image, paramedics are pumping his chest as an ambulance takes him to Hua Chiew Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. In another, his body appears with a stark handwritten sign over it giving him a number and a name.

news coverage of his death
Dome died of a bullet wound to his chest and stomach. His father, Pol Lt Paradorn Chanphet, picked up his body from Police General Hospital on Friday for funeral rites in his home province.
He said his family had lost contact with Dome two days before he died.

“I had decided to go and see him today, but I was too late,” he said, his voice shaking.

Nong Dome, who had strong beliefs, joined the protests as a volunteer guard from its earliest days last December, starting in Lat Phrao, and moving from there to Lumpini park and finally Democracy Monument.

“He was willing to give up his studies for the protest. We pleaded with him to return home, but he wouldn’t listen.

“I don’t know if he received any training as a guard. We were worried about the situation he was in, as it was so violent,” his father said.

Pol Lt Paradorn, who opposes the protest, said he did not forbid Dome taking part, but merely asked his son to think about what he was doing.

“I asked him to consider what the protest was, what they wanted and the substance of their demands.”

Pol Lt Paradorn said he hoped leaders on both sides of the conflict could learn from his son’s death.

“I hope his death serves as a lesson to those in positions of power that there are many ways to solve problems. Resorting to force and violence is no way to do it, and I am sad that Thais would want to kill each other,” he said.

“I hope the death of my son will encourage people to start talking again.”

Pol Lt Paradorn said Dome, who practised long hours to be a singer, had hoped to put out an album with friends. He recorded the music clip in the hope it would help make his dream come true. -
2.
Woody
Presenter Woody Milintachinda says he will avoid talking about his love life in future, as his most recent fling called it quits when reporters started getting too nosy.

Woody, who in April disclosed he was seeing a Thai man from overseas who works outside the industry, said his friend took fright after his remarks, as reporters started digging around for his identity.

“I asked my friend if he was OK with me speaking about our relationship. He said he wasn’t, and called it off,” he said.

Woody, 37, had earlier talked about how he wanted to find true love and settle down before he was 40.

“If I do fall in love and decide he’s the man for me, I would want to get married, but a law change to permit gay marriage might be needed first,” he said.

Now Woody says he regrets being so frank.

“The chances of us getting back together are slim.

“Next time I will have to be more careful. A fortune-teller had warned me against talking about my love life in public, but I didn’t believe him. Within a few days of that warning, the relationship ended,” he said.

Meanwhile, Woody is nursing hurt feelings on another front after a gay presenter friend took umbrage at remarks aimed at someone else.

Woody left a Facebook message last month criticising an anonymous gay man who he said was well known in the industry for using people.

“They warned me he was a fake, but I didn’t believe them, preferring to think people always have a good side. But now that I know him better I know the critics were right. What should I do?” he said.

Netizens concluded Woody was talking about his friend, presenter Kachapa “Mod Dum” Tancharoen. Woody responded quickly, denying he was referring to Mod Dum.

However, Mod Dum still suspects Woody’s remarks were aimed at him, and Woody says they are now estranged.

“Mod Dum called, asking what was wrong with me. I am impetuous. I should have realised the media would assume it was him,” he said.

Woody said he had now cleared the air with the intended target of his jibes. As for Mod Dum, he was sure he would get over his hurt feelings in time. -
3.

Fluke
Singer and model Jira “Fluke” Danbawornkiat says he is getting stick from gay friends after he struck poses for a bathing suit spread in which he was looking a little too “correct”.

Fluke, who poses in swimwear for the first time in this month’s Volume magazine, said he is pleased with feedback from the shoot, even if his gay fans are subjecting his private parts to more scrutiny than normal.

“Once, gays were too shy to approach me. Now they tease me about how upright my younger brother looks,” he said, referring to shape of his penis in his bathing costume.

“I posed in a bikini style costume, and a long-legged sporty thing which was very tight. I tried putting my member down to one side, but it looked too obvious.

“The stylist suggested I rearrange him so he sat upright, which is much more attractive. However, for some of my gay fans I look just a little too tidy,” he joked. -
4.

Yoko
Former Japanese-Thai model Yoko Takano has been admitted to hospital with acute renal failure brought on by an auto-immune disease.

Yoko, 39, was admitted to Phra Mongkut Klao Hospital last Wednesday with symptoms arising from a disease known as chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP).

Doctors immediately gave her kidney dialysis. Her mother, Pattamon Yamamoto, said the former sexy actress and model, at the peak of her career 20 years ago, was now out of danger.

“She has to take so many drugs for CIDP that her kidneys were really struggling.

"She was yellow, and her body swollen. She has trouble remembering things and recognising people.

“She was first admitted for treatment last month. While the state of her brain is still a worry, she is now talking more coherently. I still need to prompt her to remember things, but she is doing better than before,” she added.

CIDP is an auto-immune disease where the body’s immune system attacks its own nerves. Doctors cannot say when she will be discharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment