Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 19 September 2010

Rattapoom 'Film' Tokongsub in paternity wrangle

Film

Annie
Superstar Thai actor and singer Rattapoom "Film" Tokongsub wants to see the results of a DNA test before he will admit fathering the child of a former actress who insists the boy is his.

Film admits seeing Thai/Swiss actress Rungnapa "Annie" Brook last year, but says news that he is the father of her child, now aged three months, came as a shock.

Annie went before the media on Friday, a day after Film fronted up to allegations that he is the unwilling father.

She is upset that Film will not admit responsibility. She said Film all but vanished from her life when, four months into her pregnancy, she suggested he take a paternity test.

"We weren't together long. I suppose he thought I would use the results to blackmail him. But if I wanted to hurt him I would have done it before now," she said, denying she had asked his family to help raise the child.

"I have now changed my mind about the paternity test. I accept the fact that I will probably have to raise the child alone.

"If Film was forced to admit he was the father because society held the results of the paternity test against him, I would rather not go ahead."

Annie took the child before the media on Friday, her first public appearance since the rumours surfaced days before.

She and Film had a brief fling while acting in a soap, Pisaj Saenkon, last year. Annie said Film was the only man she was seeing at the time and she was sure he was the father.

Film went before the media on Thursday after reports claimed that his family had spurned the woman.

He won't say how well he knew Annie, but says he is willing to accept his responsibilities if blood tests prove a paternal link.

"I gave her 200,000 baht to help with costs associated with the child's birth, soon after I heard she was pregnant," he said.

"We visited her shortly after the boy's birth. My mother and manager are in contact with her family. Both she and I were shocked by the news," he said, while admitting that he and Annie were no longer seeing eye to eye.

Film said his entertainment label, RS Promotion, has supported him through the ordeal. He denies trying to keep it under wraps, and said the news was unlikely to affect RS's plans to take him "inter" as a performer in Korea. -

2.
Dear
Singer Nakrob "Dear" Naewnarong, vowing to make a new start after police caught him with methamphetamines and cocaine, has apologised for upsetting his fans.

The RS Promotion artist, and lead singer for Acapella 7, was caught with small amounts of the drugs when he was stopped in Uttaradit province last month.

Dear, who made a teary apology to friends, fans and family, denies being a drug supplier. He said he started using the substances only recently to help him recover from his father's death.

"I started using the drugs last month after my father died. I would drink, but it had no effect, so after a concert one day I went backstage and asked if anyone had something to help me feel better," he said.

He had never taken drugs previously, despite being surrounded by them in his profession: "They are everywhere - before I go on stage, backstage. People ask: 'Do you want women? Drugs?"'

Dear, who is married and has a daughter aged three, said his wife had supported him through his ordeal. He must report for tests to prove he is clear of drugs, and perform community service.

Dear has quit his job as concert producer for his entertainment label RS.

"No one chased me away, but I thought it was better if I left for the time being. I will enter a temple to make merit," he said.

Dear said his daughter knew he had been caught with drugs.

"It's not a solution. There are many better ways to solve problems. I am asking society for a second chance," he said in tears. -

3. 

Model Saruta "Oiy" Ruangwiriya has some harsh words for a socialite she dated once, but who now denies they were ever close.

"He's no man," she sniffed.

Earlier, Oiy left a message at her Facebook page lamenting the loss of her former fling, socialite Warrapon "M" Jentanakul, who now sees someone else.

Contacted by reporters, M, however, denies they were ever an item. M now sees VJ Wirithipa "Woonsen" Pakdeeprasong. The two recently reunited after a stormy patch.

Remarking on their decision to get back together, Oiy left a wistful message on her Facebook page saying she would like to have the young man back.

"I would like to steal you from her, but in the end I can't, as you are now back together ... why is this life so sad?" asked Oiy, in a message directed at M.

Asked about Oiy's remarks, M said Oiy was mad to think they were ever an item. They had not called each other, nor gone out on dates.

Oiy said his response left her furious: "He's no man ... M should treat women with more respect," she said.

"Why not just admit we knew each other? We went out for dinner more than once, and I have pictures to prove it. Everyone knew we were seeing each other.

"I did not really intend to wrest him away from Woonsen, and nor did I want him back. I have a sexy image as a star. However, that doesn't make me a man hunter," she said. -

4.
Ploy

The internet is a crude place, says actress Cherman "Ploy" Boonyasak, upset that netizens have criticised her nude scene in the remake of the movie Chua Fa Din Salai (Forever Yours).

She and leading man Ananda Everingham star in the period romance/drama, that is now showing in cinemas. Promotional stills for the movie show her bare bottom. Ananda also appears nude.

Shortly after the stills and teaser appeared, shots of Ploy's rear end started circulating by email.

Thais have criticised her backside as flat, and her breasts as saggy.

"Society is dirty, the internet even worse," she said, when asked how she felt. "It's just a small minority of critics, looking for my weak points so they can have a go at me. Why should I care what they think?" -

5.

Convicted actor Mathus "Keng" Suansri is delighted to have won an award, but Thais who recall his turbulent past are less enthused.

He admits news of the award from the Radio and Newspaper News Organisers' Association of Thailand came as a shock, but he is grateful for his second chance.

Keng (Sin Sisters 2) was among more than 170 recipients of this year's Golden Bell Awards, given for social service contribution, presented at the Department of Public Relations last week.

"Thank you for seeing the real me," said Keng when he picked up his award. "At first I didn't want to believe that I had won it. I've been dogged by scandal for years. But society has delivered its judgement and I have served my time. We can all do wrong, but we can also turn over a new leaf."

The nephew of a famous likay singer, Keng has a conviction for detaining and raping an actress. He was sentenced to five years in jail - halved, and suspended owing to his age, 17 at the time.

The Manager newspaper said Keng has also faced claims of attempting to kill a university student, detaining a promotions girl, abducting a school student, assaulting the son of a jewellery shop owner and hitting a builder. In May, he admitted threatening a security guard in Pattaya with a gun.

Thais have left hundreds of messages on webboards attacking the award: "If Keng is a good person, there are no bad people left in this world any more," wrote one. "What criteria did they use? I would like to spit in the judges' faces," said another.

No comments:

Post a Comment