Who is Mae Moo?

Monday 5 July 2010

She didn't see it coming, Get off the line, Approved and tested


Hia Hor
R&B singer Saranrat "Lydia" Wisutthithada denies she is lazy and interested only in promoting herself.

Last week Lydia apologised to her entertainment company boss, after he claimed she lacked a work ethic and was interested only in puffing herself up.

Lydia - who has been embroiled in a lengthy legal dispute with a fortune-teller - said she was sorry for upsetting her boss, RS Promotion head Surachai "Hia Hor" Chetchotisak, who lashed out at her last week.

RS, he said, would not bother renewing its contract with Lydia, nor with singers Kawee "Beam" Tanjararak and Payu Clark.

They were too scandal-prone and keener on publicity than improving themselves as artists or looking after their fans, he said.

Beam, Payu and Lydia have mused about the prospect of joining other labels or even going independent, once their contracts with teen label RS run out.

Their comments upset Sia Hor, who took them as a sign they were unhappy with RS.

"It's not about them turning their backs on us. It's more a case of us refusing to sign again with them," he said.

"Lydia claims she has been approached by other recording labels. I say she is just boosting her own image, hoodwinking the public - and other labels - into believing she is better than she is.

"The truth only comes out later, once a label has signed her up ... and it realises she is keener on self-publicity than she is on bettering herself as a singer and performer.

"These kids should know their place," he said, letting off steam at a city function last week.

He would put the three performers on ice until their contracts ran out, as he was no longer interested in finding them work.

Lydia said she regretted upsetting Hia Hor, but she was only speaking the truth.

She insisted other labels had approached her about signing. Sia Hor himself had been in touch about renewing her contract - despite his comments suggesting RS was sick of her.

"I owe everything to RS. For the past six years, they have made every dream I nurtured as a youngster come true. I am starting work on my first soap opera, my first time before the cameras, which once again I owe to RS.

"However, I would also like to try new things. I could sign with a different label or even go independent," she said, offering Hia Hor a wai of apology.

"I have put everything into my work, but met obstacles. Negative publicity arose which I played no part in creating," she said.

In November, 2008, celebrity fortune-teller Mor Krit predicted erroneously that Lydia had fallen pregnant, which set off speculation that she had been seeing family friend and former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Lydia, who denied the pregnancy claim, sued Mor Krit for defamation. The long-running case ended in May, when the Criminal Court sentenced the young fortune-teller to jail for six months, suspended, and fined him 75,000 baht for defamation.

Earlier, Lydia's father Sia Ngo said he was appalled by Sia Hor's remarks.

"What kind of boss would criticise his employees in public? Is he even human?" he asked.

Lydia said she would like to talk to Sia Hor to clear the air. -
2.

Cream
Singer and actress Thichacha "Cream" Jareonpongpreecha has gone to police after a nuisance caller bugged her for nine months, asking for sex.

Cream, star of the sex comedy Sin Sisters 2, said the man called her up to 50 to 60 times a day. The calls started in September last year, and have increased in intensity since.

"He calls in the early hours, and speaks in a trembling voice. When I refuse to respond, he sends a text message asking if we can have sex, in the same position as I acted in Sin Sisters 2," Cream told reporters at Chokchai police station, where she laid her complaint.

News of Cream's action comes one week after model Pacharin "Oiy" Songsri alerted police about a nuisance caller who sent her more than 60 text messages in a month.

Cream, who has launched her own music recording label, is worried she could be attacked.

"By the time I finish work, it's late. I travel home alone. My family and I are worried about my safety," she said.

"He should stop with all this sex stuff. If he wants to speak to me normally, I am happy to talk," she said about her nuisance caller.

"I would like to meet him, as I am curious about what he looks like. As to whether I will take action against him if he is caught, that will depend on the circumstances.

"If we do meet, I hope he can talk to me nicely," she said.

She had returned calls to the numbers that appeared on her phone.

"Once, a woman called, demanding to know how I knew the number. It could have been the nuisance caller's girlfriend, or wife. She talked as if I was trying to wrest her boyfriend away. But when I call back now, no one answers," she said.

Police took down her complaint, but have urged her to lay another one at a police station closer to her home. -
3.

Oiy
Sexy model Saruta "Oiy" Reungwiriya says no special poses were needed when she took part in a campaign promoting a vaginal cleanser.

Oiy, who is also a singer and actress (Sin Sisters 2), said the media took liberties when it heard she was signed to front the campaign for the Kanara cosmetics brand, made by Beauty Shine Cosmetics.

"The headlines were too strong," she said.

"For the campaign, I posed lying down while the photographer took pictures of me for a few hours. It was a normal shoot; I did not strike any special poses.

"When I go out in public, people look at other parts of my body, no longer just my face. I ask them to mind their manners," she said.

The company asked her to act as presenter for its vaginal cleanser after seeing her performance in the sex comedy Sin Sisters 2.

"I must admit, I should have asked for more details at the outset, but I am proud to be presenting the product nonetheless," she said.

Late last week, Oiy left her prone position to lay a complaint with police, after the cosmetics company for which she acts as presenter was attacked on the internet.

A message appeared claiming that another product by the same company was unsafe for the skin.

"The person who made those claims is probably a competitor. He posted a fake document from the Food and Drug Administration, claiming our product has no approval," Oiy told reporters outside Phahon Yothin police station, where she and the company head laid their complaint.

"In fact, it does have FDA approval, and the pictures posted of people whose skin has been damaged after supposedly using our product come from somewhere else," said Oiy.

"We have asked police to track down the source of the messages, which have been posted at half a dozen prominent websites," she said.

"If any product in their range is maligned, I stand to lose as presenter," she said, when asked why she agreed to be party to the complaint, even though it relates to a skin cream rather than the vaginal cream she is pushing.

"I feel we are all in the same boat," she said, denying the police complaint was merely an attempt to drum up publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment