Who is Mae Moo?

Monday 28 June 2010

Hell hath no fury, Face lift foul up, Safety fears

Mapraow, Micky, Oiy (inset)
Jutharat "Mor Oiy" Athakorn saw pink when a gay designer accused her of stealing "his" boyfriend.

The late-night cable TV host has delayed her marriage plans after designer Kongkiat "Mapraow" Kehtkaew released revealing pictures of himself with Mor Oiy's betrothed.

Mor Oiy has threatened to sue, while her fiance, model and co-presenter Nathapong "Micky" Chopcheun, insisted he was straight and knew the Mapraow only through work.

Mapraow, however, said Micky should be man enough to admit they were once close.

Mapraow released two pictures of the pair together - barely a day after Micky claimed he had never had a picture taken with his gay friend.

One picture shows Mapraow nuzzling into the cheek of a bare-chested Micky. In the other picture, Mapraow has his hands around the young man's neck. Micky declared he was relieved to see the pictures, as everyone can now see that he is not gay.

"It's just two guys having a hug," he said. "I pose for pictures like these with anyone who asks."

He said his plans to wed Mor Oiy (new name, "Jenny"), originally set for next month, had now been delayed, as he would have to convince Oiy's family first that he was still the right man for her.

Earlier, Mor Oiy said she would sue Mapraow for 60 million baht, after Mapraow implied she had stolen the man Mapraow previously regarded as his own.

Mor Oiy and Micky declared last month that they intended to wed, after knowing each other for five months.

Mor Oiy, a former nurse known for her nearly naked shoots in fashion magazines when she is not fronting her sexy cable TV show, has demanded a 10 million baht dowry from Micky, who is 10 years her junior.

Micky was no good in bed, but was pleasant company, Mor Oiy told reporters at the time.

News of their nuptials appears to have upset Mapraow, who in one news report suggested Micky had left him without so much as a by-your-leave.

"When we were together, I helped him with money, and even bought him a BMW 3 Series. He's not as rich as he makes out," one report quoted Mapraow as saying.

Mapraow conceded Micky is probably straight, but said he should be more open about his past.

Mor Oiy said she had spoken to Mapraow once, on Valentine's Day, when she called the designer's number by mistake from Micky's mobile phone.

"Mapraow answered, and quizzed me for about an hour about my intentions," she said. "He sounded like Micky's protector."

She still believed in Micky, but would delay her wedding plans until Mapraow made an apology, or the outcome of the court case was known.

"My mum asked me if I can be sure Micky is straight. I told her to rest easy. If anything, this drama has brought us closer. I can go out with him with pride."

A day later, however, Mapraow had released those revealing pictures, taken about a year ago - which Micky said he had simply forgotten.

Micky said the pictures come from a clothes fitting session. Mapraow said they were taken in a "private room" by Micky, on Mapraow's mobile phone camera.

Micky and Mapraow met about 10 years ago, when Micky was making a music video.

"I may not look too manly, but I was born this way," said Micky, adding he had not taken money from anyone.

Micky's mother said she had spoken to Mapraow. "I asked him, since when has my son been your 'husband'?" she said.

"Mapraow replied that the media had put words in his mouth.

"But by the next day, another story had appeared in the same vein," she complained.

Micky's mother has laid a complaint with police about Mapraow's remarks - and Mor Oiy is likely to follow unless she gets her apology.

Mapraow said he never mentioned her name specifically, so she might have trouble in court. -

2.

Sun, A (inset)
Actor Pichayadon "Sun" Peungphan went to Korea to "up" his face, but came back with a swollen mug, which caused problems on the set of his soap opera.

On top of that, his bosses at Channel 7 have ticked him off for saying nothing about his plans to get his face done.

Talent manager Supachai "A" Sriwichit, who met Sun at the launch of a soap opera, persuaded him to "up" his face, and took him to the land of kimchi to get the work done.

Reporters who noticed Sun's new puffy-faced look asked what he had done to himself. Sun admitted he had been overseas to get his eyes and nose corrected, though denied initial reports that the procedure went wrong.

"Reports claimed my mum burst into tears when she met me at the airport, as she barely recognised me any more," he said. "Actually, it was more of a case of me crying, as I missed my mum," Sun told reporters.

A, manager to A-list stars including Patcharapa "Aum" Chaichuea, spoke to Sun's mother to get her blessing for the trip.

Sun's eyes were starting to drop at the ends, and he was sure Sun's chances of getting work would improve if he had the problem corrected.

He was taking a consignment of would-be stars to get their faces done, and Sun could tag along.

"When we arrived, I had my eyes done, as we agreed," said Sun.

"However, the doctor suggested I get my nose done as well.

"He injected me with my own blood, in a procedure similar to Botox.

"I started to worry ... how long would the swelling take to go down?

"A told me it would fade in a matter of days, but wouldn't tell me how much the work would cost.

"A said he would find work for me to do, and deduct the cost of the cosmetic procedure from my fee.

"He suggested that I was now part of his talent stable, so I had no reason to worry.

"But I reminded him that I already have an agent, and had no intention of quitting to join A," Sun said.

His bosses at Channel 7 had pulled him in for a dressing down.

"They told me I should have discussed the matter first," said Sun, who added that, two months after he corrected his face, the swelling is finally starting to fade.

Manager A said he took Sun to get his face done as a favour to his family, not so he could poach Sun from another agent.

Sun's TV bosses had repaid him for the cost of the work, he said, denying reports that he intended to sue Sun to get the money back.

"Channel 7 ticked me off for saying nothing about it before we left ... but they were nice about it," he said. -

3.

Oiy
Model Pacharin "Oiy" Songsri is worried about her safety after a nuisance caller sent her more than 60 text messages in a month.

Oiy, winner of FHM magazine's Girl Next Door competition in 2008, has received dirty text messages from a nuisance caller before. Police tracked him down, and the man apologised.

"This one is different. He is more persistent, describes what I am wearing and what I am doing in detail, and also criticises my family," Oiy said last week.

She has now laid a complaint with Makkasan police, after the caller became too intrusive.

"He speaks in a trembling voice and vows to waylay me somewhere and have his way with me.

"The number changes often. I rarely say anything ... I just let him get on with it. He tires of my silence, hangs up, and sends me a nasty message.

"At first I was inclined to ignore it, but on June 12 he sent me a sex MP3 by Bluetooth. He also sent me a text message describing what I was wearing, the car I was driving.

"He knew my movements, and what my parents and younger brother were doing. I started to feel unsafe, so I went to the police," she said.

Investigators are looking for the owner of the number. Since she made the matter public, the annoying calls and messages have stopped.

Oiy is taking extra precautions anyway, such as asking friends to accompany her when she leaves home.

No comments:

Post a Comment