Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 3 May 2009

For love or money, Peuy's suitors, Amie grows bigger, Yui's strap dress moment

Cartoon
Actress Intira ''Cartoon'' Ketworasoontorn won’t say if she acted for love or money when, at the age of 16, she married a man who at the time still belonged to someone else.

After weeks of evading media scrutiny, Cartoon has finally responded to claims that she was scheming mia noi who tried to force her new husband’s lawful wife from their marital home.

The actress shot to fame as a minor wife in the Channel 7 soap, Mia Luang, but insists she did not draw on real-life experience to play the role. As far as she knew, the man she married, Neung, had stopped seeing the mother of his children.

Wearing funereal black, Cartoon apologised for causing anyone distress, but says no one was around at the time to show her any better.

It’s been a bad month for Cartoon, who was first forced to overturn her previous insistence that she had never married, after pictures of her wearing bridal white appeared on the internet.

Cartoon made short work of her confession and apology. She was still young, they were not together long, and the marriage to Neung was arranged by family elders, she claimed.

"Elders told me to lie. It wasn’t my decision alone, as it affected other people,'’ Cartoon said.

That annoyed Neung’s first wife Pim, who told the media that Cartoon and Neung were together not just a few months, as Cartoon suggested, but three years.

Cartoon's family urged the pair marry, partly because of her age, but also for the money, she claimed.

Pim and her husband were raising a family when Cartoon, then just a Mor 3 (Grade 9) student, elbowed her way in, she said.

Neung , who had a wandering eye, told his wife that Cartoon was just a young friend in need of help with school fees.

However, one day after a trip to the provinces, Pim came home to find that Cartoon had moved in to their home. ''We fought. I called her mother, who refused to come and get her,'' she said.

Pim moved out with the couple’s four children when the couple eventually married.

Black-clad Cartoon, still evasive, claims she can’t remember how long she and Neung were together, but says it was less than three years, and their marriage was never registered.

Neung had told her that his marriage to Pim was over. "That’s all I knew. If I had known it would end this way, I would probably never have gone ahead.

"I was young and inexperienced, and no one was around to show me right from wrong.''

Cartoon admits she had met Pim, but denies she ever lugged her bags to her home. She also denies Pim’s claim that Cartoon treated their children as servants, forcing one kindergarten-aged child to scrub the floor.

"This is at odds with the sweet image you portray to the public,'’ one reporter said.

"I am not trying to spin an image for myself. This is the real me. I have always been like this, even from childhood,'' Cartoon replied, in one of the few animated moments of the interview.

Cartoon says she is willing to take responsibility, and hopes society will give her a second chance, as she now has wise people in her life pointing her in the right direction. -

2.

Sexy actress Panward ''Peuy'' Hemmanee has many suitors, including men in uniform, wealthy businessmen, even powerful figures in the entertainment industry.

One admirer was prepared to pay 100,000 baht for a meal with her. Other men have offered to buy her a car, even a house – though none has yet proposed paying for her keep.

Peuy already has a boyfriend – winner of The Star 3 talent quest, Anattapol "R’' Sirichumsaeng – though none of her casual suitors seem to care.

The actress says she pays a price for the sexy image she cultivates. Men think they can have her!

"I get many proposals. Some want to have dinner with me for an hour, and offer to meet this or that expense.

"Don’t be scared...we don’t expect you to dine for free,’’ they say.

"They know that I work. They offer to pay for my time, so I don’t lose out on income I would otherwise get from working.

How generous! But surely a girl worries about what these men expect to happen after dinner as well?

Some suitors are savvy to this concern – maybe their last girl told them - so come prepared with a reassuring line.

"Don’t misunderstand...you don’t have to do anything else,'’ they say.

"They tell me that it’s just a dinner invitation, nothing more,'’ says Peuy.

Her response to suitors, no matter whether they come in green military dress or businessman’s black?

She replies politely that she’s not that kind of girl, thanks very much.

"I have to admit that my sexy image, which I get from posing for sexy fashion shoots, encourages some men to think that I really might be interested.''

At odds with the image she cultivates in the media, Peuy is actually a modest young thing. At a city function a month ago, Peuy wore a black over-the-shoulder dress which slipped to reveal part of her right breast. When journalists asked if it was deliberate, she burst into tears. -

3.
Amie
"I’m just expert at making my breasts look bigger,'’ says actress Amika "Amie'’ Klinpratum, brushing off speculation that a plastic surgeon had gone to work on her bust.

After Amie appeared looking bigger than normal in a recent magazine shoot, reporters asked if she had had her breasts enhanced.

''If I did have my breasts done, I would make them look even bigger,'’ she says.

"I have thought of doing it, I must admit. But I am used to them now.

"For some fashion events or magazine shoots, I can give them a lift...it depends on the dress.

''I am now an expert at giving my breasts a boost, so I don’t think about surgery any more. These are probably enough,'’ she said.

The actress says she is no longer a teenager, so can put her cutesy days behind her. "I thought I’d try the sexy image just for something different.'’

Boyfriend Siwat "Cee'’ Chotechaicharin likes her new look. However, Amie says that in less confident moments he inspects the dresses she wears for fashion shoots, just to make sure she is not showing too much. -

4.
Yui
Thais are hammering actress Jiranan ''Yui'' Manojaem for wearing a spaghetti strap dress to the ordination ceremony of close friend, Channel 7 actor Panu "Aou'’ Suwano.

She says she is sorry if she upset anyone. She wasn’t trying to looks sexy – just avoid the heat.

Yui wore a long cotton dress with straps, which shows off her shoulders but little more.

She was among stars and family members present to watch Aou enter the monkhood for a month, at Pattanaram temple in his hometown province of Surat Thani.

The great Thai knocking machine swung into action, with visitors to the Pantip web forum pontificating about what is, and what is not acceptable dress for a woman treading the hallowed ground of a temple.

"You should wear some sort of jacket or body covering,'’ some said.

"It’s improper for the occasion, but not revealing as such,'' said another.

''She should also have worn her hair up, not down.''

Yui was hurt by the criticism. ''I set aside many dresses to wear, but in the end chose that one as the weather was so hot.

''I wasn’t trying to look sexy. That’s hard for me to do anyway, as I don’t have much of a bust.

''Before going, I asked many people if the strap dress look too revealing. No one objected, but I apologise if some people think I was short-sighted.''

No comments:

Post a Comment