Who is Mae Moo?

Sunday 22 July 2012

MILITARY MANOEUVRES, ANIMAL HOUSE, A CASE OF NATURE OVER KNIFE

Benz, Mokjok
Comedian Thongthong Mokjok says he has become close to a soldier with a bright career ahead of him, but hesitates to call him his "boyfriend'' in case it hurts his chances.

Thongthong last week invited reporters to Chulalongkorn University, where he accompanied his family friend, Capt Pawat "Benz'' Dechaninda to his graduation ceremony.

Capt Benz, who has entered public service, has just graduated with a master's degree in political science, and now intends to carry on studying for a doctorate.

Thongthong, who is well known for his roles in kathoey comedies, carried a large bunch of flowers for Capt Benz, as the couple posed for media photographs.

The comedian said he hesitated to call the young man his boyfriend, as they knew each other as members of the same family.

"I met his mother at a place where we were practising dhamma. We hit it off, and she invited me to be her foster child. Benz is the only child of the family, which cares for many other families apart from his own. He's responsible, and a good leader,'' Thongthong said.

"I don't want to call him my boyfriend, though it's hard to think of a proper definition so people do not feel uncomfortable. Let's just say that we are part of the same family. His parents and my parents feel as if we are one.

"Last week when my mother went into hospital, Benz visited her there to keep her company. We have known each other six months,'' he said.

"I like Benz because he is sincere, and his family is kind. Even more importantly, he practises religion. I fell for him when he accompanied his mother to practise dhamma.''

Thongthong, who is 10 years older than Capt Benz, said he is worried about saying too much about their relationship, as it might affect his career.

"I want to set a good example. We can love each other, but as a family,'' he said.

Thongthong gave a sneak peek into his relationship with Capt Benz the day before the young man's graduation ceremony, and invited reporters to come along if they wanted to find out more.

"I've just spoken to Benz, who told me it was OK if I spoke to reporters about us,'' he said.

A publicity release sent to media outlets said Thongthong would take advantage of the graduation ceremony to formally introduce reporters to his boyfriend, but Thongthong denied that was his intention.

"Who would say such a thing? It probably stems from my appearance on a TV show when I revealed I had started seeing someone,'' he said, declining to say if he was referring to the same person.

Capt Benz spoke briefly to reporters, saying he was delighted Thongthong had come along to his graduation ceremony.

"My family is very fond of Pi Thong. He is a good carer, and looks after me well. As far as work is concerned, I'm not worried about anything, as I have done nothing wrong.

"We see each other according to Thai tradition. I regard knowing him as one of the successes of my life,'' he said. -

2.
Yuyee
Former model Alisa "Yuyee'' Inthusamit says she is willing to go to jail if authorities really believe she is harbouring or trading in protected animals.

Wildlife officials last week raided a rented home in Min Buri where they found dozens of forest animals and birds, some of them protected species, which Yuyee says she cares for before releasing back into the wild.
The raid on her home

National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department officials, acting on a complaint, searched the home where they found native and imported snakes, birds, a hawk, a turtle and even a civet. They confiscated the horde, and are threatening to press charges.

Yuyee, who says she has cared for wildlife for 10 years, says the birds and animals come to her from a variety of sources, often from Thais who know she likes to care for injured and abandoned wildlife.

When they are well enough to go back into their natural habitat, she releases them.

She admits she does not have a permit, but works closely with the Thai Animals Guardians Association. Its head, Roger Lohanan, said Thais will often call Yuyee first about an injured bird or animal which they have found. She has caught some of them herself.

Yuyee says she was shocked by the raid, as many people in wildlife circles know about her welfare activities.

"I don't buy or sell animals, or accept donations, even from animal welfare groups overseas. If you want to put me in jail, OK. But I care for them well, and have never done any animals harm,'' she said. -

3.
Pat
Actress Napapa "Pat'' Tuntrakul bridles at a socialite's suggestion she has gone under a cosmetic surgeon's knife.

Pat says she barely knows ladyboy socialite Ratchada "Amie'' Krutramas, so was surprised to hear her claim that she and Pat had gone under the knife at the same beauty clinic.

Amie is also reported as saying that Thais had complimented her on her appearance, saying she looks just like Pat.

Kathoey Amie
Pat, however, insists she has never gone under the knife, and doesn't know why Amie would say such a thing.

"We've met only once, when Amie asked if she could pose for a picture with me at an eatery. I remember she had incredibly white skin.

"I was attending a friend's birthday party. I couldn't say no, as we were Thais.

"I haven't met her since, and don't know what motive she has in making such a claim,'' Pat told reporters last week.

The actress said she runs her own beauty clinic, the Beauty Viva clinic in Sathon, but insists Amie can't have meant that place, as the clinic does not offer cosmetic surgery.

"I've checked, and I'm sure Amie has never visited us. Let me speak frankly. Botox, laser treatment ... they are common. But my clinic does not offer cosmetic surgery,'' she said, insisting her looks were real.

"She's pretty, there's no doubt about that. But we don't look the same. She was very white, with big eyes.

"We have different styles,'' she said, daring Amie to name the clinic where she says she had her face done.

"If she had told me I was pretty and asked where I had my face done, I would have felt happier. I would have told her my looks were real.

"But all she did was ask: Phi, can I take a picture with you?'' Pat said.

No comments:

Post a Comment